As we become old, the skin renews itself much more slowly than when you are young because the production of collagen, natural proteins that provide the firmness of the skin begin to fall, causing dehydration of the skin and wrinkles.
When you reach 30/40 years, a regular moisturizer will not be enough for your skin, you should start using anti-wrinkle cream (anti-aging) to slow the signs of aging.
The advantages of using anti-aging creams
- Gives a brightness and youthful glow to the skin
- Eliminate and reduce wrinkles
- Strengthen and firm the skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines
- Check and neutralize free radicals
- Moisturize and nourish the skin
- Rejuvenate and firm the skin
- Stimulates the production of collagen and elastin
- Harmonize the pigmentation of the skin
- Stimulates cellular activity and firm the skin
- Prevent the appearance of new wrinkles
- Helps rebuild the skin texture
- Redefine the skin of the cheeks and neck
- Helps repair signs of loosening around the neck and chin
- Renouvelent the elasticity of the skin by stimulating its natural healing processes
- Satisfies wrinkles
How do anti-aging creams?
Most anti-aging products contain retinol, collagen, alpha hydroxy acid, minerals and vitamins. These elements are known for their power to stop the signs of aging and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.
Once the anti-aging cream is applied to the skin, the components therein inhibit muscle movement and to reduce wrinkles and prevent their further training.
Substances penetrate the outer layer of the skin and repair. They also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
Other wrinkle operate by separating the upper layer of the skin, allowing healthy new cells of the skin to appear (that are generally products containing alpha-hydroxy acids).
You should know that all anti-aging products can remove wrinkles or fine lines after the first few days of use.These products gradually smooth your skin and the results are usually seen after a month or two.
Useful tips related to the use of anti-aging creams
- Apply your anti-aging cream with upward strokes from the throat to the front.
- Do not forget: you may need to use an anti-wrinkle for several weeks before you notice improvement.
- Ask for samples before buying a face cream to see if it works for you.
- Try to use a facial cleanser with glycolic acid.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly (at least twice per week) with a gentle exfoliant to remove dead skin cells and accelerate cell renewal.
- Always use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 to protect your skin against the sun's harmful rays that cause premature aging of the skin and causes discoloration.
- Consult a dermatologist or esthetician to give you the product that best suits you.
- It is essential to get a good amount of sleep each night.
- Try to use a wrinkle cream that contains more natural ingredients, vitamins, essential oils, aloe vera and natural emollients.
- You can put on your sunscreen cream.
- Choose makeup: foundation, concealers, lipsticks, lip glosses that offer sun protection.
- It is essential to follow a strict regimen of skin care every day to keep your skin clear and healthy.
- Always remove your makeup at night with a mild cleanser that suits your skin type.
- Use masks or face firming moisturizer twice to keep your skin radiant mature.
- Drink plenty of mineral water at least 1.5 liters a day to keep your body and skin hydrated.
- Perhaps now is the perfect time to quit smoking: Smoking seriously harms health and damages the skin by destroying collagen and elastin.
- Compare different wrinkle creams and find out what works best for you.
By Sarah Levick